Sunday, June 28, 2015

American Made

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
Outfit Details

Shirt: Vintage
Shorts: Urban Outfitters Urban Renewal
Hat and Sunglasses: Free People
Boots: Pskaufman

This hot-hot heat has turned my every day wardrobe in to cut-up tanks and cut-off shorts.  This shirt has a special story.  When I first moved to Jacksonville, wow 5 years ago, I worked at a little vintage store in our Riverside area.  I started dressing mannequins and helping with merchandising there which is where I fell in love with my current position.  Many of the locals that worked in the area would pop their head in from time to time to tell me how much they enjoyed my outfitting.  One man in particular complimented me, and I in turn complimented him on his awesome vintage tee.  Weeks later he dropped off the most amazing suit case I have ever laid my eyes on.  It was covered in vintage band stickers, beaten, dragged through the dirt and simply one-of-a-kind.  Inside was the real treat.  An array of shirts just as beaten and perfect as the suit case.  This is one that I ended up with, courtesy of this man.  The softness of vintage tees never ceases to amaze me, and I feel like I own a true piece of American history.

Xo,

Nikki

Photos By:Kelly Martucci

No comments:

Post a Comment